ATRIUM was founded in September 2003 by Jan Davidsen, Partner & CEO, and Michael Bested Larsen, Partner. After 20 successful years in Nordea, Jan and Michael decided to establish an independent corporate finance advisor with one goal: To create short and long term value for our clients.
Throughout the years, we have completed a number of landmark M&A transactions, including
- Divestment of the wind turbine manufacturer Bonus Energy to Siemens (2004)
- Altor Private Equity’s acquisition of Aalborg Industries (2005)
- Merger between Topnordic and Ementor and subsequent acquisition of Atea (2006)
- Nordzucker’s acquisition of Danisco Sukker (2008)
- Divestment of Skandinavisk Tobak’s cigarette activities and Færch Holding’s subsequent sale of Skandinavisk Holding (2008)
- Divestment of Finansservice to Lindorff (2010)
- Joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Vestas (2013)
In addition, we have completed more than 150 advisory assignments of varying size.
We have always been driven by an entrepreneurial spirit. In 2007, we were the first in the Danish market to combine corporate finance with wealth management by acquiring an asset management company founded by partner Kent Petersen. In 2009, the partners Jens Honoré, Klaus Hector Kjær and Kim René Pedersen became shareholders in ATRIUM Kapitalforvaltning with the following vision: To form an independent wealth manager and multifamily office with a focus on individual portfolio management.
We thereby offer our clients independent advice on both active and passive investments and establish long term client relations based on trust. In our efforts to develop our advisory services, we have continuously hired new partners. In 2010, Mads Aaen joined as new partner, and in 2013 Peter Mahrt was admitted as new partner.
In 2009, we joined the international M&A networks MidCap Alliance and Wells Fargo International. In 2011, ATRIUM Kapitalforvaltning established its cooperation with Stanhope Capital, one of Europe’s leading, independent investment firms.
Since 2008, we have received a number of awards from various European magazines, amongst others from ACQ Magazine, Finance Monthly, Corporate INTL and M&A International. These awards reinforce our position in the Danish corporate finance market, where ATRIUM Partners is renowned for its independence and professionalism.
Our success is built on the commitment of our partners and employees, our integrity and independence, our dedicated client focus and support from our clients, as well as our will to make a difference.